Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. – Albert Einstein
Schedule:Proposed 4 class “windows” between 8:30AM and 1PM with additional optional “window” for teenagers. 1PM-5(6)PM – governing meetings, field trips, sports and projects, and free play
Class introduction. We find it’s most important to allow children to be like or dislike a subject knowledgeably. There would be a series of introduction to new projects/topics presented both by students and volunteering staff.
Subject does not mean a boring classes on the topic, it means there will be a hands on educational projects. Mix of subjects will be introduced every semester and ones with most interest will be offered entire semester.
- Traditional school subjects: math, reading, writing
- Foreign Languages & cultures: Russian, Korean, Hebrew, Japanese, Spanish, and more
- DIY mix: wide range of projects from woodworking to needlework.
- Food-related: creative cooking, healthy and whole choice, label reading
- Nature Related: survival, camping, local plants and animals, zoology, plant biology, geography
- Performing Arts: instruments (piano, guitar, drums), vocal, school theater, school circus (joggling, magic show), dance, DJ, recording
- Technology: mechanics, electronics, robotics, cars
- Informational Technologies: programming, web-mastering, social media, search engines
- Writing & Publishing: writing, poems, fairy tales, blogging, self-publishing
- Sports & Games: actual sports, popular beach games, educational games (s.a. Monopoly), card games
- Law & Finance: business start-up, bank systems, stocks market, legal system
- other topics and subjects from philately to astronomy all based on children interests. Sky is the limit!